What we do
Our Committee meets monthly to discuss issues affecting Donaghadee.
Each member of the committee acts on a voluntary basis, giving freely of their time to improve the town.
Our key focus is on making Donaghadee a better place in which to live, work or visit. We want to see a vibrant town centre and we want to foster and promote community spirit and civic pride.
This involves us working closely with other organisations in the town, with our elected representatives and with statutory bodies including Ards & North Down Borough Council.
What have we achieved?
Over the past few years we have:-
• Organised the summer festival which regularly attracts an attendance of 12,000
• Worked closely with Council on £1.7m grant scheme from Heritage Lottery Fund; helped design Public Realm improvements; had a major input into Town Masterplan; and brought free public WIFI to town centre;
• Organised the annual Christmas Parade;
• Engaged in various initiatives with local schools;
• Launched several initiatives to encourage local shopping;
• Initiated a major environmental project in Crommelin Wood;
• Campaigned for resolution of car parking problems
There is much to gain by joining the Association. Membership is open to individuals, businesses in the town and community organisations. If you join, you can expect:
• The opportunity to contribute to community in Donaghadee.
• To have the opportunity to raise issues of concern and have these
taken up with the Council or other body.
• An opportunity to influence future Council policy and practice.
• Promotion of your business or organisation on the Visitdonaghadee
website (traders and community groups).
• Information on events which may be of interest.
• A discount off any charges the Association may introduce for stalls
• Facility to borrow Association equipment – gazebos, PA system,
digital projector (deposit maybe required).
• A window sticker to demonstrate that you are supportive of the Association, your town and the local community.