Discover who we are, what we have achieved, and how you can be part of it
What Do We Do?
Our Committee meets monthly to discuss issues affecting Donaghadee.
Each member of the committee acts on a voluntary basis, giving freely of their time to improve the town.
Our key focus is on making Donaghadee a better place in which to live, work or visit. We want to see a vibrant town centre and we want to foster and promote community spirit and civic pride.
This involves us working closely with other organisations in the town, with our elected representatives and with statutory bodies including Ards & North Down Borough Council.
Over the past few years we have:-
• Organised the summer festival which regularly attracts an attendance of 12,000
• Worked closely with Council on £1.7m grant scheme from Heritage Lottery Fund; helped design Public Realm improvements; had a major input into Town Masterplan; and brought free public WIFI to town centre;
• Organised the annual Christmas Parade;
• Engaged in various initiatives with local schools;
• Launched several initiatives to encourage local shopping;
• Initiated a major environmental project in Crommelin Wood;
• Campaigned for resolution of car parking problems
There is much to gain by joining the Association. Membership is open to individuals, businesses in the town and community organisations. If you join, you can expect:
• The opportunity to contribute to community in Donaghadee.
• The opportunity to raise issues of concern and have these
taken up with the Council or other body.
• An opportunity to influence future Council policy and practice.
• Promotion of your business or organisation on the Visit Donaghadee website and our social media channels (traders and community groups).
• Information on events which may be of interest.
• A discount off any charges the Association may introduce for stalls at events.
• Facility to borrow Association equipment – gazebos, PA system,
digital projector (deposit maybe required).
• A window sticker to demonstrate that you are supportive of the Association, your town and the local community.
• Promotion of your business or organisation on the Visit Donaghadee website (traders and community groups).
The Group seeks to raise community spirit in Donaghadee and improve the local economy and all of the monies raised goes towards this great cause. All members of the committee are elected volunteers and as a member you have a vote at the Annual General Meeting. Individual Membership Form
Alternatively if you would prefer please download the pdf here and return with your subscription to Kate Boyd at Dunn’s Footwear or any member of the Committee. Subscriptions are £10 per year.
All town centre traders are welcome to join our Facebook group, this allows traders the opportunity to contribute views and ideas on how to make best use of the grants and also raise issues which they feel need to be addressed.