Discover who we are, what we have achieved, and how you can be part of it
What Do We Do?
Our Committee meets monthly to discuss issues affecting Donaghadee.
Each member of the committee acts on a voluntary basis, giving freely of their time to improve the town.
Our key focus is on making Donaghadee a better place in which to live, work or visit. We want to see a vibrant town centre and we want to foster and promote community spirit and civic pride.
This involves us working closely with other organisations in the town, with our elected representatives and with statutory bodies including Ards & North Down Borough Council.
Over the past few years we have:-
• Won Ulster in Bloom 2021 & 2022
• Organised the summer festival with a footfall close to 20,000
• Organised the annual Christmas Parade and associated celebrations
• Launched several initiatives to encourage local shopping;
• Continued to work on our major environmental project in Crommelin Wood
• Launched a major Marine Litter project costing £18,000 with local schools
• Submitted a detailed response to the Government consultation on business rates
• Campaigned for resolution of car parking problems
• Helped support groups with advice on funding opportunities and governance issues
• Worked closely with our counterparts in Bangor, Comber, Holywood and Newtownards
• Continued to represent Donaghadee on the Donaghadee Town Advisory Group which is the Council Committee overseeing the Townscape Heritage Initiative
There is much to gain by joining the Association. Membership is open to individuals, businesses in the town and community organisations. If you join, you can expect:
• The opportunity to contribute to community in Donaghadee.
• The opportunity to raise issues of concern and have these
taken up with the Council or other body.
• An opportunity to influence future Council policy and practice.
• Promotion of your business or organisation on the Visit Donaghadee website and our social media channels (traders and community groups).
• Information on events which may be of interest.
• A discount and proiorty booking for stalls at events. Please note all stall holders must have public liability third-party insurance and hold an up to date food hygiene certificate if relevant
• Facility to borrow Association equipment – gazebos, PA system,
digital projector (deposit maybe required).
• A window sticker to demonstrate that you are supportive of the Association, your town and the local community.
• A FREE page on our popular website for all businesses and community groups and PRIORITY booking of market stalls
The Group seeks to raise community spirit in Donaghadee and improve the local economy and all of the monies raised goes towards this great cause. All members of the committee are elected volunteers and as a member you have a vote at the Annual General Meeting. Individual Membership Form
Alternatively if you would prefer please download the pdf here and return with your subscription to Kate Boyd at Dunn’s Footwear or any member of the Committee. Subscriptions are £10 per year.
All town centre traders are welcome to join our Facebook group, this allows traders the opportunity to contribute views and ideas on how to make best use of the grants and also raise issues which they feel need to be addressed.