Donaghadee Photography Competition
The Association intends to produce a “Shop Local” calendar for 2022
From November 2020 through to October 2021 we will have a competition each month to get the best photograph which portrays something about Donaghadee in that month
There will be a monthly prize in the form of a £50 voucher for a meal in a restaurant in Donaghadee. The calendar will be composed of the 12 winning entries and the best photograph will be on the cover
- Only one entry per person for each category and the photo being submitted must have been taken by the person entering.
- Entries should be made before the first of the following month by sending the photo as a message to https://www.facebook.com/DonaghadeeCommunityDevelopmentAssociation page. Please include your email address and do not post to wall.
- Content should reflect something about our town in that particular month, for example a sunrise, sunset, a storm or a community event. Given child protection issues it is best not to submit photographs where children can be identified unless you have the express permission of the parents or guardians. If you submit such a photograph you must accompany this with a statement from the parent/guardian confirming their agreement to the photograph being taken and, if successful, used in the calendar.
- Use other photographers work as inspiration only, do not copy/download or take a photo of their work and submit it as your own eg: out of a magazine or book (besides being unfair it is probably illegal).
- We ask that your photos have only light editing of colours / cropping and small changes to contrast. No major changes. No heavy editing with photoshop or similar. We are trying to keep the field level for all photography skill levels. Photos that are deemed to be heavily retouched will be marked down.
- Please do not send photos with watermarks on the photos as judging will be anonymous.
- It is a condition of entering that any photograph submitted can be used at no cost by Donaghadee Community Development Association for publicity purposes (with an acknowledgement and copyright assertion for the photographer)
- Members of the DCDA Management Committee and their immediate family are excluded from entering the competition. The decision of the judges will be final.