Would you like to expand your business or develop a new rural business within the rural areas of Ards and North Down?
Ards and North Down Rural Business Investment Scheme will provide investment support for the creation and development of micro and small enterprises (including farm diversification and private tourism businesses in rural areas). The level of funding available will be dependent on the business potential for growth in the short to medium term, with a maximum grant of £90,000 available (50% of the total costs of the project).
The funding will primarily provide capital grants where the key objective of the proposed project is to create jobs. Resource funding is also available towards marketing and bespoke training. Support is targeted at rural areas, and the scheme has now been extended to include the towns of Comber and Donaghadee, as towns with a population of less than 10,000. Please refer to the attached scheme sheet for more details on the funding thresholds and eligible costs.
In order to assist you to apply for the funding, Rural Partners Ards and North Down will be holding mandatory pre application information workshops for applicants intending to apply to the Rural Business Investment Scheme in November 2017, subject DAERA approval.
The workshops will provide more detailed information on the grant application process, which includes preparing for and obtaining the following funding pre requisites:
– a business plan, all new businesses must undertake the Go For It Programme. Existing businesses must complete the Enterprise NI business plan template, available on request
– full planning permission (if required)
– completed procurement
– evidence of match funding
Upcoming Pre Application Workshops:
– Tuesday 3 October 2017: 7:30pm-9pm
Comber Leisure Centre, 15 Castle Street, Comber
– Wednesday 4 October 2017: 7:30pm-9pm
Carrowdore Community Centre, 110 Main Street, Carrowdore
– Thursday 5 October 2017: 8.30am–10am
Signal Centre, Balloo Road, Bangor
– Monday 9 October 2017: 12.30pm–2pm
Ards Business Centre, Sketrick House, Jubilee Road, Newtownards
– Tuesday 10 October 2017: 12.30pm–2pm
Donaghadee Community Centre, Parade, Donaghadee
• This is a mandatory part of the application process, only those who attend and meet the pre requisites will be invited to submit a formal application under a closed call.
• Workshops must be attended by a representative who has authority to sign on behalf of the organisation, e.g. business owner or company director – you cannot send someone on your behalf.
• Comber and Donaghadee towns are now eligible to apply to the scheme.
Registration for pre application workshops is essential as spaces at each session are limited. Please register via the Rural Development Team on 028 9147 3788 ext. 40918 or at email@example.com.