What We Do?
This web site is run by the Donaghadee Community Development Association, a charity (Registration No 103332) based in Donaghadee. Our Committee meet monthly to promote the advancement of citizenship and community development in the Donaghadee area. We discuss issues affecting Donaghadee, meet with council Officials and representatives of other towns to ensure Donaghadee remains a better place To Live, To Work and To Visit. All our committee serve in a voluntary business, giving freely of their time to improve the town.
What Have We Achieved?
Over the past few years we have:
- Worked closely with Council on £1.7m grant scheme from Heritage Lottery Fund. This will improve many of the most historic buildings in the town
- Helped design Public Realm improvements
- Had a major input into Town Masterplan
- Brought free public WIFI to town centre
- Organised summer festival attracting 12,000 attendance
- Organised the Christmas Parade
- Launched ECO-friendly Donaghadee bag initiative
- Campaigned for resolution of car parking problems
Who We Are?
The current Committee is:
- Gary McNinch, Chairman
- Denis Waterworth, Vice-Chairman
- John Caldwell, Hon. Secretary
- Fred Green, Hon. Treasurer
- Kate Boyd
- Heather Boyle
- Bill Kirkwood
- Jacqui Watson